Every year, Gladesville RSL provides in excess of $250,000 in contributions to the community through cash grants or in-kind donations. In addition to the projects supported by the ClubGRANTS program, a number of grants are provided to sporting groups, in particular, our own sporting groups and the Gladesville RSL Youth Club. These grants encourage participation in sport by subsidizing the fees to participate or providing the necessary sporting facilities or transport.
Please read below for more information on the ClubGRANTS program or how to request a donation.
Gladesville RSL & Community Club Ltd participates in the ClubGRANTS scheme. This is a community development funding program sponsored by local clubs and administered by the City of Ryde Council.
The ClubGRANTS scheme provides one-off funding to non-government organisations and community groups for projects and programs which address demonstrated welfare needs of the local community. The aim is to encourage and support the development of local community organisations, services and strategies which aims to meet the specific needs of the citizens of Ryde and the local area.
Gladesville RSL supports a number of organisations every year with the focus being on local service providers, veterans welfare or community sport.
Here is a list of the organisations we have supported recently:
|Veterans Benevolent Fund
A trust administered by the RSL & Services Clubs Association to manage fundraising an expenditure for Veterans services.
Giant Steps was established to bring world’s best practice in the education and support of children with autism to Australia.
|Sydney Community Services
Formerly Hunters Hill Ryde Community Services, Sydney Community Services mission is to enhance quality of life and independence by providing a range of health and community services, Services provided include meal delivery, shopping, gardening and home nursing. Community connections are also offered with day trips, seniors hub and men’s group.
Provide accessible transport to people living in the community who have specific transport needs related to their age, frailty, location or disability.
Click here for more details
|Ryde Dragon Boat Club
“Art & About”
A not-for-profit community sports group, established in October 2021 and located in Putney Park. Dedicated to bringing the sport of Dragon Boat Racing to the local community and providing a fun and inclusive environment for people of all ages to get fit and compete together.
|Gladesville Gymnastics Club
Gladesville Gymnastics Club has a proud 40 year history in the Gladesville/Ryde community. The Club provides quality gymnastics and acrobatics programs for all abilities from beginner to international level, staffed by professionally qualified coaches.
|Carlingford Cyclones Touch Football
Cater for all levels of players wishing to compete and enjoy the fast paced and exciting sport of touch football.
|Ryde Sports Foundation
The Ryde Sports Foundation has been recognising excellence in local sport since 1979. During that time more than 500 local sports stars have been recognised through the Sports Star of the Month Award. Recipients include Louise Sauvage (wheelchair athletics), Darren Clark (athletics), Greg Matthews (Cricket), Vic Darchinyan (boxing), Alex Wilkinson (football), Marty Roebuck (rugby) and Madison de Rozario (wheelchair athletics).
Gladesville RSL & Community Club Ltd welcome all requests from charitable and not for profit organisations for ‘in kind’ prize or function donations, however due to the volume received it is not able to support every request.
The Board of Directors meet once a month, therefore written submissions need to be provided to the Board at least two months (eight weeks) prior to the date required in order for the request to be considered.
Requests should be addressed to:
The Board of Directors
Gladesville RSL & Community Club Limited P.O. Box 94
GLADESVILLE NSW 2111 firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests MUST be in writing and include:
- Details and description of the function/event.
- Name, description and contact details of the organisation which will
benefit from the ‘in kind’ request.
- Details of the donation request. If relating to a prize this includes
the type of prize and value. In relation to a function this includes the services seeking to be waived or subsidised. Function related requests should only be submitted after a function quote has been obtained from the Club and the organiser is aware of the costs involved.
- he resultant benefit to the community from the support received from Gladesville RSL & Community Club Ltd.
- Details of any recognition and the form thereof of any recognition the Gladesville RSL & Community Club Ltd will receive in return for the donation.
- Organisations who are successful in receiving ‘in kind’ support will be notified in writing by the Club following Board approval. Conditions relating to in kind function support being provided are:
- The requesting organisation is to provide confirmed details to the Club no later than four weeks prior to the date of the function booking, with final attendance numbers and catering requirements no later than 7 days prior.
- The venue MUST be left in a clean and tidy state following completion of the function, otherwise a cleaning fee may be imposed on the relevant organisation.
- Club Management and staff are to be spoken to in a polite and respectful manner.
- Failure to comply with the above may result in additional costs being incurred by the hirer and/or future ‘in kind’ support being jeopardized.
- Club Management reserves the right, by giving the hirer four weeks notice, to cancel the relevant booking in order to accept a paid booking. Club Management also reserves the right to relocate the booking to an alternate location within 48 hours notice to the hirer.